Transmission leak
09-19-2021, (Subject: Transmission leak ) 
RE: Transmission leak
(09-19-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Was the tranny oil really low?

Rear seal in the tranny may be seeping a little bit .. but ... It looks more to me like of that mess is from a fuel line or some other leak. .. otherwise, why would everything be soaked so far forward of the rear main seal of the tranny?

(just some guesses)...
Looks more like maybe a fuel line leaking above the tranny where it goes over the top of the tranny ... or more-so, the back of the engine where the flywheel housing gasket meets the back of the engine block... or perhaps some other thing ... a whole lot more than simply a leaking rear main tranny seal.

Just a thought.... hard to tell in the photo.

==========

( I am also purposefully trying to ignore the fact that the black air-line down the right side in the photo is missing an Adel Clamp and appears to be improperly secured too) ... lol .. It kinda jumps out at me.

Was just thinking about the part where you mentioned the flywheel housing and went on Quickserve to look at the engine diagram and I do believe that’s where the leak is.Is that hard to fix?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Transmission leak - Redland1 - 09-19-2021,
RE: Transmission leak - Rawze - 09-19-2021,
RE: Transmission leak - Redland1 - 09-19-2021
RE: Transmission leak - Rawze - 09-19-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.