Cm 2250 hard to start when it sits 157.18 code under heavy load
09-27-2021, (Subject: Cm 2250 hard to start when it sits 157.18 code under heavy load ) 
Cm 2250 hard to start when it sits 157.18 code under heavy load
I have a 2013 Freightliner ca125dc engine serial number 79609609 truck has 225,000 miles just bought it 2 weeks agao started fine on and off for the first week while driving home and installing wet kit. Put first load on it and Headed out soon as I took off loaded got a code under power taking off. 157.18 injector rail metering pressure. Noticed as I drove farther truck seemed to flatline about 1400-1500 rpm and if accelerator pedal was helped down it would pick up and take off then do it again. So I started checking the obvious and noticed no fuel in daveco filter so got the parts and rebuilt the filter also found air leak on suction side of low pressure fuel pump. Now the fuel is staying about an inch above the nut in the filter. So thought that would take care of problem. Let sit over night and went to start and it started and died all in the same second then wouldn’t start back up. Got it running and it starts rest of day. Let it sit next night and put my little cheap code reader on there next morning and looked at rail pressure 5500psi tried to start it and same thing tried to start and died pressure dropped to 800-900 psi and no start. It appears someone before me changed the pressure relief one and of rail as it is not painted.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Cm 2250 hard to start when it sits 157.18 code under heavy load - davidjrawls - 09-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.