Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
09-30-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
I'm about to become A truck owner and wanted some advice, I'm looking at buying a 2015 t800 with an isx 2350 with 243k and 11000hrs on it. The truck has a pto. I think I need to do a fuel pump from research on the isx motor in regards to ceramic plungers in the fuel pump, destroying the motor. Am I wrong? I've climbed under the truck crawling around on my back in the dirt and everything looks to be in decent order. The isx sounds good idling and going down the road. I have only ever driven Detroits, paccar, and xseries motors. I know this truck is my responsibility and I want to do everything I can to keep her healthy so I can pay myself instead of the shop. I have inflame cost right now, the truck itself is in good shape. If I installed an oil bypass, could I look into anything else to push the rebuild out to 200k mile? If I look at the cam and it's not D.O.A is there any hope? I understand that buying a used engine is a crap shoot. My goals for this truck is to do my best not to sleep in it running Phoenix-->Vegas Phoenix--->300 miles or less. If I can do this I can avoid idle time from sleeping in it while in the heat. Is there anything I can pair with an oil bypass to flush out soot and try and make it to 450k-500k total miles from 243k? You're the guy that everyone keeps referencing on isx/cummins motors. I'd like to use your methods of care when it comes to anything cummins related. I'm just trying to do my best. My plan moving forward is oil bypass and to have all the 250k maintenance recommended by paccar, trying to run some kind of cleaner through the motor and do an oil change every 6k for the next 12k miles. Is my biggest concern piston linings or camshaft in your opinion? What would you do with a motor in this condition?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours - FnG92 - 09-30-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.