Odd fuel pressure issue
10-24-2021, (Subject: Odd fuel pressure issue ) 
Odd fuel pressure issue
So I have a 2014 demandated isx15.

Back story

I replaced the pressure relief valve on the rail a couple months ago because the psi was all over the place with surging at idle. Replaced and solved the problem

Yesterday, I was coming down the side of Monarch Mt and blew the (Fuel pump gear pump outlet) line. I replaced with a 35psi hose from Napa to get me down the road and when I started it, it was blowing white smoke smelling like unburnt fuel. I made it 20 mi and blew it again.

I replaced it with another hose, cause I was smart enough to get enough to make 2, and made it back to Napa and had them make me a 3500psi hydraulic hose to get me back home.

The hose is holding up, but here is the issue...

At idle, I'm commanding roughly 9400psi and it measures 36000.

Running down the road, having the cruise set, it will either not come above 14000, or sit at 36000.
To add to this, when on the pedal, the measured pressure will match the command pressure, 90% of the time, as long as the engine has a load on it.

And when you give it the beans and command 36k, it'll give it 36k, unless it's on its 14k kick as said above.

I did change filters to see if that was the issue, and it didn't make a difference.

Obviously getting high rail pressure code out of the whole ordeal as to be expected.

And the first diagram on this page, or the attachment below, I blew (#5), but on my engine it is plugged in to the (#8) spot on the side of the filter housing
{link removed by Rawze}

Thank you in advance for any help.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202110/post_5754_1635111022_1d7834351901bc77688a99d46d2f217e.jpg
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Odd fuel pressure issue - Lweuve9 - 10-24-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.