X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit
11-11-2021, (Subject: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit ) 
RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit
(11-11-2021 )Hermjeji Wrote:  ...
I've read a lot on the cam wear mystery (non-mystery), and I've only had this truck for several months. At this point, i'm looking to see what else I should be looking at.

Do I go out of pocket and replace the assembly, or is the one fine If the others check out within spec?
With only one cam lobe flaking (that they could see so far) what do I guide them to look into.

=============

Ensure it does not fail again ....

* Ensure there is no way that crank case fumes can build pressure in the engine. Not replacing the crank case filter often enough causes premature cam failure because higher than normal CC pressures it starves the top end of oil. Many people switch over and use a maintenence free CC filter and this helps prevent this. Here is a maint. free one: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950

* Ensure the overhead valves are adjusted every 250k miles.

* The ISX does not like extended oil changes and a lot of failed cams have happened when people use those bypass systems and extend their oil changes.

* Based your oil changes on fuel mileage (or equivalent engine hours). -- (At the bottom of post in this link - http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617 ). The general rule of thumb for oil changes on the ISX is ...

Rawze Wrote:If your average fuel mileage every 10,000 miles is ...

less than 5 MG -- Change your oil every 8,000 miles or so.

5 - 6 MPG -- Change your oil every 10,000 - 12,000 miles or so.

6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

7 - 8 MPG -- Change your oil every 15,000 - 18,000 miles or so.

8 - 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 18,000 - 22,000 miles or so.

above 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 22,000 - 28,000 miles or so.

Last but not least, if your fuel pump has more than 400k miles of run time on it, then it needs its guts replaced to prevent total engine destruction without any warning.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 Rear Bank Injector Short Circuit - Rawze - 11-11-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.