General X15 information
11-14-2021, (Subject: General X15 information ) 
General X15 information
Hey so long short this is my 2nd X15. The first was an efficiency series and I was T-boned in northern Canada (ice road territory). Some time later I now have another Kenworth with an X15 this one is the productivity series. 450hp1650trq. I don’t know dick diddly iddly about the Cummins outside the manual and what I’ve been told by other people. So I’m hoping I can get some rumours or otherwise questionable information handled.

If it matters I run reefer, coast to coast always gross. I prefer trotting along at 68mph but if I’m light and the wind isn’t kicking my arse I’ll do 72mph.
I run fuel additive (currently a catalyst) but I won’t name them. It’s not for fuel mileage, but to just keep this bullsh*t bio diesel from clogging my filter, keep things lubricated, and clean, and I must say. It helps.
I run Oil additive to keep wear down. NOT LUCAS. I currently try different things which I won’t name again. I don’t expect a miracle in a bottle but if it can reduce wear a bit and make my baby run a bit smoother without causing harm. Why not?
Nothing added to tranny or diffs yet.
I like to try and do oil every 30-40k to keep warranty.

Truck currently has 55,xxx miles.

Okay. Now for the general questions.

I hear rumours that fuel filters should be done fairly frequently. I’ve heard as much as every 15,000miles. Is this true?

Is there any failure points I should pay attention to?

Is there anything in general I should maintenance more frequently for longevity?

Also any parts I should carry just in case. I already have the filters which I get for $60 when the dealer or Cummins sells them for $120 when they have them. (2021 x15 has brand new filter style)

In general any helpful knowledge would be amazing. But I am mostly concerned with FF at the moment.

** If anyone wants to know about any additive I use AND IM NOT ADVERTISING FOR ANYONE. I’d be more than happy to share privately or publicly whichever is allowed. But again I don’t use additives for MPG. I use them to keep things running clean, cause if this thing start having DPF issues I’m more liable to just set it on fire, then pay dealer downtime, and anything I share is simply my experience with the product.

Truck is brand new. So I will default to dealer for most things simply to keep warranty, anything I can get done by a 3rd party I will happily do so.

Thanks again everyone, and in the event my dumbass posted this and it’s a repeat please let me know. I’m using my phone and this forum comes up teeeny tiny and very hard to read effectively.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
General X15 information - Redheadedstepchild - 11-14-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.