General X15 information
11-14-2021, (Subject: General X15 information ) 
RE: General X15 information
Welcome aboard!! Hopefully your a little thick skinned or you might not be here long.

Most of us here run a gallon of 80/90 gear oil at every oil change, it's been proven to greatly reduce wear internally. Gear oil still has additives in it that they had to take out of motor oil for emissions reasons.
Your stretching your oil changes out to far for a cummins. You'll end up carbon packed with a worn out cam at 400k the way your doing it. Here's the chart Rawze put together

If your average fuel mileage every 10,000 miles is ...

less than 5 MG -- Change your oil every 8,000 miles or so.

5 - 6 MPG -- Change your oil every 10,000 - 12,000 miles or so.

6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

7 - 8 MPG -- Change your oil every 15,000 - 18,000 miles or so.

8 - 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 18,000 - 22,000 miles or so.

above 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 22,000 - 28,000 miles or so.

The fuel filter on the X15 is a 4 micron and they plug up quick. I change mine based on hours since my truck has PTO time on it not just miles. I change it every 400 hours. In my experience if I wait much longer than that I get a check engine light for fuel restriction and that's HARD on the high pressure pump.
Speaking of the pump, you'll need to rebuild the pump every 400k miles because they are known to fail and take out the engine to the point that it can't even be rebuilt, yeah it really is that bad. I know you only have 55k on yours so you got lots of time but just don't forget about it.

Next is an EGR tuneup every year to keep that system working properly because once it goes south it can be hard to get things straightened out again. Rawze made a video series about it. The engine in the video is an 871 ISX not an X15 but the information all still applies. Sensors are hard to get right now with the current supply chain problems so order them now and if your lucky you'll get them in 8 months or a year.

https://youtu.be/FhJxpyS5MpY

You own a cummins so you'll need to buy insite and an inline adapter so your not at the mercy of the stealership for every check engine light because trust me, your gonna get them. Hopefully your the kinda person that isn't afraid to get dirty and willing to learn how to turn wrenches on your own equipment because that's what we're all about here.

I almost forgot.... DON'T LUG IT DOWN BELOW 1500 RPM. This is extremely important if you want that engine to last. Otherwise you'll sink a liner in short order, it happens all the time. Hopefully your rear ends aren't geared to tall like a lot of them are anymore, making it hard to stay above 1500 and beating the snot out of the liners.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redheadedstepchild , Slavic S

Messages In This Thread
RE: General X15 information - tree98 - 11-14-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.