General X15 information
11-15-2021, (Subject: General X15 information ) 
RE: General X15 information
(11-15-2021 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  if your talking about those catylists that supposidly keep your dpf cleaner your dreaming and most likely reducing the lifespan of such systems due to the metal particles in the crap.

as far as algae i run bio all the time running in midwest i run 0 additive and have 0 algae...algae only forms when you run your tanks low at all times....every time i hit a fuel pump i fill to the top.

anti gel is a fine additive for winter. granted last winter i ran 0 additive as i have arctic fox heaters and a water heated davco. only gelled once while at home when the APU kicked out. in anything under 10 degrees as soon as my main engine shuts down my apu is on keeping the water warm which keeps fuel warm. anything under -5 i will high idle the truck if im in it over night.

{part of post removed by Rawze. complete nonsense advertising garbage "feel-good" brainwashed statements!}

I’ve also been to places where the fuel started to gel really easy and where I’ve actually had tanks freeze, so if I can put something in to prevent that myself then for the additional five cents a gallon it’s costing me whatever. Because if you’re not really careful going from California to Ontario Canada and you can get massive temperature differences. And in Canada it gets cold enough that your fuel will freeze in the lines. But that’s not really why I posted here, I’m more or less looking for the pointers to run the commons because I hear different things. Like the oil changes, I’ll probably do my next oil change and do a sample to see what kind of condition the oils in and go from there. Because of the oil still good and clean at 25,000 miles then I’ll keep it at 30,000 mile intervals. But I’m definitely not doing the 60,000 mile intervals that Cummins is saying. That to me just seems crazy .
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: General X15 information - Redheadedstepchild - 11-15-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.