General X15 information
11-16-2021, (Subject: General X15 information ) 
RE: General X15 information
Since your stock my opinions and things I would do.

Keep engine rpms 1400 or higher when pulling this will help with liner longevity. But can be a pain with stock ecm rpm controls.

Oil changes around 15k if mileage is good. This prevents premature cam wear.

Replace EGR differential pressure sensor and exhaust back pressure sensor every 200k-250k miles

Replace imap sensor about every 250k miles.

Run 1 gallon of gear oil I place of something like Lucas garbage. Gear oil has many additives good for the engine all Lucas does is make it thicker and dilutes additives.

From my experience at Crete carrier I wouldn't run these new low viscosity oils when truck I was in was put in the trial group my dd15 lost 15psi oil pressure at idle and 10psi cruising and I saw 0 fuel mileage gain. I personally use 15/40 rot t in my truck and all other diesels I own. Including Apu on my truck which I change every 3rd truck oil change screw the 2000 hrs carrier claims.. I would do this if I owned a refer that runs alot.

I keep the new davco filters from oil changes and don't install till old filter gets near replacement line on davco

Rebuild high pressure fuel pump around 300k miles

Since truck is new I would do a overhead adjustment now that it's had time for everything to wear in. Then once a year after that.

I run synthetic in all 3 boxes some here run good ole dino oils in them.

Run a strong mix of biocide every 6 months to a year. I run 20% bio fuel almost year round and truck is a 2016. So far tanks still look brand new inside when I look in with a flashlight before refueling

These are some things that I would do if I owned your truck and that I currently do to my truck. Granted that one box would become a no box if I owned it as the warranty ain't worth the paper it's written on unless you like sitting at home for weeks on end. But I'll also never goto Cali or Canada as they aren't worth the headache.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: General X15 information - Lonestar10 - 11-16-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.