870 nopower and smokes bad
11-16-2021, (Subject: 870 nopower and smokes bad ) 
870 nopower and smokes bad
Ok so I had a customer who had a create engine with only 60K miles on it. was having egr issues. So his mechanic told him he needed to just delete the egr. SO they did and had it tune.. The problem got worse. Now it smokes really bad and still has no power. So he called me I remoted in didnt see anything that really stood out. So I told the owner Id need to have truck here to look at it. It got here and first thing I wanted to do was make sure turbo working right. TO my surprise vgt was not working. So I removed actuator to make sure VGT arm would move on turbo. Worked good.. I started truck and push down to make sure it would spring back and it did. But I notice that the exhaust back pressure was not changing. Ok maybe bad sensor. So we removed the sensor and we always blow out the hole leading to sensor (cause Rawze found them to clog up alot). Well low and behold was a factory defect the hole was never drilled leading to back pressure sensor. This was a cummins reman. So if you ever have one smoking and low power and its not old and came from cummins need to check the simple stuff lol.. Once we drilled it and test drove it was like night and day customer all smiles.... Note this it the thermostat housing plate that the exhaust back pressure sensor screwed into that was never drilled...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , quickrigs , hookliftpete , SquareOne , Rawze , Nostalgic

Messages In This Thread
870 nopower and smokes bad - Mr Hagg - 11-16-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.