Re-build fried engine?
11-18-2021, (Subject: Re-build fried engine? ) 
RE: Re-build fried engine?
(11-18-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(11-17-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  That said, I looked close at my old 871 block that spun a main and rod and decided to scrap it. I'm in the beginning stages of building a new engine. Brand new block from Cummins and brand new crank from Cummins is the foundation. No machine shop work and reconditioned parts this time around.

Did you spin a bearing on the engine you rebuilt? Did I miss this update?

No, didn't spin a bearing (knock on wood lol), and no updates yet. I originally bought the truck with a junk seized engine that's been sitting in my loft waiting for me to decide it's fate. I seem to have some OCD issues and a vibration that I can only attribute to the base engine. Going way-way back in the build, you may remember that I had the block decked due to waviness on the surface, and used an aftermarket crank. Rear crank angle was on the outer edges of acceptability range, but at that time I already blew through my shoestring budget and didn't have many other options.

I just decided to start over with a clean slate, and when I was able to source a new block kit and crank at a decent price, I jumped. I'm going to up my 2732 cpl to a higher tier - thinking 2919 right now, but will get some input before I order pistons and injectors, and what I'll have to do concerning the turbo. Depending on what model year my truck turns into (I'm sure there are a lot of 90's-2003 Petes updated with 386 hoods, cabs, and frames, right? right? lol, the engine tag is going to be a CM570 or 870 and I can legally lose some unneeded weight.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Re-build fried engine? - barf - 11-17-2021,
RE: Re-build fried engine? - Nostalgic - 11-18-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.