Air filter banging and lossing power while cold outside
11-24-2021, (Subject: Air filter banging and lossing power while cold outside ) 
RE: Air filter banging and lossing power while cold outside
bad delete programs will run the enigne in the worng operating modes. Detroit bad deletes are notorious for engine getting stuck in a hgih altitude operating mode and over-spooling the turbo like mad.

Also, what you describe sounds exactly like the engine is still trying like h#ell to rapidly warm-up the exhaust canisters (as it is supposed to do with its origional factory programming).. and it is getting stuck there because it cannot read the DPf sensors any more.. This is the engine running in the wrong operating mode and getting stuck there. It is a very common problem with bad delete programming. Running it like that will eventually lift the head/gasket, crack a piston, or destroy the turbocharger.. take your pick.. all while the truck owner "Swears" it runs great for the first year or 2 after the horrible delete job was done to it.

PUT THE FACTORY PROGRAMMING BACK IN IT, take it on a test drive, and see if the problem goes away.

Bad deletes are a plague in the trucking industry!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air filter banging and lossing power while cold outside - Rawze - 11-24-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.