Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement
11-29-2021, (Subject: Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement ) 
Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement
Recently I had my stop engine light come on shortly after starting my engine. This led to a roadside repair in which I had to replace both the Turbo and Actuator. This is my second Turbo in 10,000 miles and I am looking to figure out why, what I need to prevent needing another on in a few miles and what I should be watching for.

The background on this is I have a 2009 Motorhome with a 2008 Cummins ISX 650. The engine has 55K on it and was entirely rebuilt at 23,000 miles due to the fact it had sat for a # of years along with a dropping valve matter on #6 I felt it best to rebuild the engine. At 45,000 miles the engine needed a Turbo and Actuator, then again at 55,000 miles.

Ahead of the stop engine light appearing I was driving and everything was running fine. The
"Hot Exhaust" light had come on and remained on for about 30 minutes. This was on while I was driving and I continued to drive the coach as I have done a number of times. Shortly after the light went out I pulled over for a break and when I pulled over I shut down the engine. The "Stop Engine" light appeared when I restarted the engine.

When the techs were installing the new turbo they commented that my tailpipe was very black/carboned up. I don't know what this means.

Any help/suggestions I can collect from the forum users is appreciated.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement - 2Nickels - 11-29-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.