Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement
12-06-2021, (Subject: Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement ) 
RE: Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement
(12-06-2021 )2Nickels Wrote:  Rawze, I appreciate reading your thoughts that turning the motor off before allowing the system to cool down is likely the cause of my damage. Would it be best to install a Pyro to be able to see the exhaust temperature? What is a safe temperature to shut down the engine?

Your comments about RV's is interesting. I too feel many don't drive their RV's properly and treat them cruising in a Cadillac (so to say). In my case, I do watch my RPM's and work to keep the the power/torque band best as possible to ensure there is no lugging of the engine. It's not as simple as it may be with more gears to chose from but either way I work the driveline.

If you install a pyro on the outside of the manifold, like in my viodos about installing gauges shows, so that you can monitor the manifold temps and not the exhaust temps themselves.. .. Then you can see when it is safe to shut the engine off. When the manifold temp is below 300-F or so, its safe to shut off the engine. .. andif the manifold is getting upwards of 950+F in a hard hill climb, etc.. .. Then it is time to back out of it, slow down, use a lower gear and higher RPM's to move more air thru the engine to cool off the engine, turbo, and exhaust systems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop Engine Light led to Turbo & Actuator Replacement - Rawze - 12-06-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.