CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working
12-02-2021, (Subject: CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working ) 
RE: CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working
First of all, your post about the jake brakes is very generic. you say you got problems with jake brakes but you mention nothing that makes any acutal sense.

Depending on the ecm settings... the jake-brake should not be operating unless you are above a set speed ++ your going down a hill, in gear, your not pressing the throttle pedal, and you are / have (depends on ecm settings) applying the brakes for a set amount of time .. AND the thing is switched into the On posisition in the dash.

==========

You also claim the oil pressures are too low.. but your description of 20-psi at idle and 33-psi at 1500 rpm's WITH 200-F ENGINE TEMPS (though is should be sitting at 185-F unless you pushing it for all its got up a hill) --- is NOT too low.

If you want to put a gallon of gear lube, 80-90, or 85-90, or even 85-140 in it to raise viscosity a bit .. then that is fine... but you need to stop using that thinned out crap you mentioned.

And BY THE WAY.. STOP PUTTING GARBAGE-CAN OIL THAT IS TOO THIN FOR A 15-LITERE ENGINE INTO THAT THING!! .. THAT ENGINE IS MADE FOR 15W-40W .. NOT 10W-30.. YOUR GOING TO WEAR IT OUT SIGNIFICANTLY FASTER WITH THAT THINNED OUT CRAP!!.. AND UNLESS YOU HAVE A REALLY SPECIFIC NEED FOR SYNTHETIC, YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEYS AND MAKING IT EVEN WORSE!. - STOP TRYING TO OVER-THINK IT AND PUT THE RIGHT DAMN OIL IN IT!

SOME GOOD OLE' ...

ROTALLA-T 15-40 ..

OR DELO-400 15-40W ...

OR DELVAC 15-40W...

INTO IT LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE!!!
==========

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working - Rawze - 12-02-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.