CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working
12-02-2021, (Subject: CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working ) 
RE: CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working
(12-02-2021 )jjoshthomas074 Wrote:  ...
idle at operating temp 20-23

--- 1500 rpm at operating temp 30-33...

... Thought it was on the low side of spec maybe I'm wrong.

... i will have to confirm the oil temp again i thought it was up over 200

At idle, the pressures you describe are not unusually low. ... What RPM does it idle at?. If its only sitting at 600, then re-program the ecm so that it sits at 800rpm. That is much better for these engines.

At 1500... is it 30-psi?.. or 33psi?... figure out what your saying there and make it more clear. 30 IS definitely too low to see going down the roads unless you really pusing the enigne hard, OIL TEMPS ARE IN THE 228-230-f RANGE, ETC. ... However, 33~psi is not that unusual to see. Make your mind up.

=========
(12-02-2021 )jjoshthomas074 Wrote:  ...
new cummins parts installed
bearing sizes confirmed/ matched

-- You claim that the bearing have been "checked".. HOW WERE THEY CHECKED!?? ..
you stated that, so ok...

was just the part#'s checked vs. quickserv?..

or did you have the old ones in your hands as they came out during the first inframe and looked at each of the part#'s individually, per cylinder/lobe on the crank as they came out?..

Did someone check them by using plastique, and if so, what were the measured clearances ??

And re they all OEM "cummins" bearings/parts?, or was aftermarket overhaul/parts used?, like PAI, or IPD, or some other brand of components?

.. you statement is too vague there for anyone to know what your trying to say.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM870 oil pressure low. jakes not working - Rawze - 12-02-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.