Buying a used 2018 X15
12-14-2021, (Subject: Buying a used 2018 X15 ) 
RE: Buying a used 2018 X15
(12-12-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-12-2021 )Camstyn Wrote:  ...
I guess I don’t understand what the difference is, other than it sounds bad on paper without taking the transmission ratio into account.

because the taller rears have a lot of excessive torque transfer, therefore losses in them to the road.

Believe me when I say that I have driven all kinds of trucks with all kinds of rears and trannies in them.. you can just simply feel that the thing will not get out of its own way vs. something geared properly when someone has directs and those tall arsse garbage-can rears in them once the truck is fully loaded.

You have been warned ... I guess that Some peple just don't want to hear reality. Next thing he will be on here in a few months asking how to turn up the HP on the engine.. because it feels sluggish, and that is far worse than re-gearing it properly to begin with. It is always a bad business decision to Turn up the HP on the most expensive component in the drive-line rather than fix the problem properly... but who am I, just some shmo in his driveway trying to help people.

I’d really like to know what rear end ratio you think would be optimal for my application with the direct drive transmission. Cruising speed 57-63mph, lots of elevation change but extremely light loads. I’m not opposed to regearing this truck if I decide I want to keep it for an extended amount of time, which is quite likely if it turns out to be a good truck. I’ll be taking delivery of it this week and hoping for the best.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying a used 2018 X15 - Camstyn - 12-14-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.