Navistar Settlement
12-18-2021, (Subject: Navistar Settlement ) 
RE: Navistar Settlement
Connecting rod issue. Problem in the wrist pin area. Originally thought to be limited in scope. Beginning to look like several years of production. When this first appeared they were sending new engines. Now it is replace the connecting rods. They come in a power cylinder kit. Warranty time allowance is 23 hours. That is total, from going out to get it from the lot thru final road test Oh wait, warranty does not cover a road test. Management is supposed to do that. 23 hours should yield some real quality work.

There is always, always, that guy who can do it in 23 hours, on his 4th or 5th time thru. His time becomes the standard. I used to argue that if techs are going to judged against the top 1% then management should be held to a comparable standard. Say Jack Welsh at GE back in the 80's or there abouts. I can assure you Nav management NEVER got anywhere close to that standard. I did get a lot of dirty looks making that point in clusterfucks. Opps I meant meetings.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Navistar Settlement - vewdew1 - 12-15-2021,
RE: Navistar Settlement - JimT - 12-15-2021,
RE: Navistar Settlement - DVT873 - 12-18-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.