Rods and Main Bearings
12-27-2021, (Subject: Rods and Main Bearings ) 
Rods and Main Bearings
INFO:
Engine: CM2350
OD: 709,800
Hrs: 22,618
Deleted
PM: Every 10k-13k

I have been wondering if having these bearings replaced now is something I should be considering and would like to know what some of you with more knowledge think?

A bit of history, this truck was deleted (done so via this forum) in April 2020 at approx 581,000 miles, so basically 130k miles ago. Prior to this, at approx 246k miles it was using excessive oil according to the service docs from Rush Truck in Commerce City CO where the work was done here's what was found:

- When they pulled the #3 injector, bore scoped it and found carbon packed rings. Cooling pack and head were removed.
- Pulled oil pan. ALL pistons carbon packed. ALL liners were polished. Replaced liners with new anti-polishing rings. Installed new pistons. Replaced head.

There was more to it, basically coolant issues surrounding the entire emissions system and of course at this point I don't care about the DPF DOC EGR etc. now.

The only other thing they noted was that they "Set" Rod bearings, but there was no mention of any bearings being replaced at that time, nor can I find anything else about them prior to me owning the truck 4 years ago at 401,000 miles.

I have heard so many things about how I should replace these bearings and then others ask, what's making you think you should do them? So I really don't know what I should or shouldn't do.

What are the suggestions here? And if I should do it, should I do it now? At or before 750k? And if I should do it now and with the oil pan off, is there anything else I should have done while it's opened up?

Thanks fellows!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Rods and Main Bearings - kozakvod - 12-27-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.