Firewall Air Manifold
12-31-2021, (Subject: Firewall Air Manifold ) 
RE: Firewall Air Manifold
(12-30-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  For some reason paccar air fittings are total garbage.

ALL plastic quick-connects are total garbage, but they keep trucks rolling into the dealers for big $$ repairs. They're a pain in the ass that most people don't want to mess with and they Stealerships know it. So they charge STUPID $$ for cheap quality and they love it!

Example: This part was $530 at Peterbilt. Their rate (at least at Rush Truck in Dallas) is $170 flat rate. This is a 2 hr job, plus any other parts and tax. The MINIMUM out the door price for this job would have been $942 for something that probably cost them MAYBE $200. This is why they make plastic parts!

Mine was so loud at times that any DOT with any ability to hear would have just shut me down. I bought a box full of compression brass air fittings, almost $500 worth of various sizes and types and where I can use them to permanently remove air leaks I do. I wish I had time to manufacture my own manifold in this case, and maybe I still will, but in the mean time I bought this new one at 1/2 the price of the Stealerships rate and hopefully it'll get me a few more miles down the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , RocketScott

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firewall Air Manifold - kozakvod - 12-31-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.