X15 efficiency idle vibration
01-23-2022, (Subject: X15 efficiency idle vibration ) 
RE: X15 efficiency idle vibration
(01-23-2022 )schISM Wrote:  First I would suggest you set your idle to 700 rpm as previously suggested. The min/max input rpm for an RDS series tranny is 500-800, that will smooth out the engine a bit and the urge to move you feel will not be any worse than it is at 600rpm’s. Next I would get ahold of a trusted tech and have them enable the “neutral at stop” function in the Allison programming if you wanna do away with the torque converter “grab” at idle. Unfortunately if you do the “neutral at stop” it probably won’t be as good for roto-milling or backing into a paver ect...

Awesome wasn’t sure if it was possible with this generation tranny to enable neutral at stop as I have only read about it recently have a connect at my local Pete dealer which is also an Allison dealer so I will look into it. We usually don’t do too much milling as we’re usually redoing to the roadbase to finish pave so it’s more excavators ripping. With paving side of things we leave truck in neutral with a light brake application and have to paver push us from behind. Appreciate you giving some solid ideas and not just shooting shi#t down lol. Might end up trying that balancer from Pittsburg anyway it only around 3 hundred and my house mechanic is slow anyways at the moment.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: X15 efficiency idle vibration - newyorktruckah - 01-23-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.