Bring on the pain cm2350 cpl3937
01-22-2022, (Subject: Bring on the pain cm2350 cpl3937 ) 
RE: Bring on the pain cm2350 cpl3937
The receipt is a factory short block. Unsure if they run them As short blocks. The head was done by one of the good local machine shops. Belts off. Haven’t pulled injectors.

It’s obvious that it consumed water from the intake being left open.

The head is coming off. Warranty or not the engine was purchased in 2018 and if anything is wrong with it. Without question it will be user error.

If we get it apart and it’s something stupid. So be it, but I will know exactly what we have.

The real question CPL 3937 is it worth a crap, or should we fix it and flip it?

If worthy of love for a long life of service.

What is best route for turbo replacement? Stock, little bigger with a gastric bypass. Or nice non vgt. Obvious concerns are not damaging engine, but having a sound reliable truck that’s fun to drive. Some of the fuel sipping parameters make these ISX trucks less fun to drive.

I’m going to have a good amount of money invested in this. Knowing there is a problem I won’t be able to flip this thing off onto somebody else.

So we are locked in on making the repair.

Truck itself is a nice 2014 t660 with a big sleeper. Cosmetically nice. Needs some drive tires, but that’s just part of it.

(01-21-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  your post there seems very vague.

umm,.. first of all.. have you removed all the belts and tried to turn it over by hand?. i have seen people swear their engine was locked up.. only to find that it was the fan pulley, or alternator completely seized.

your post also implies that it may be locked up due to rust? .. you did not explain.

NEXT: did you pull all the injectors out and tried to turn it over?. u sure it is not simply hydra-locked?

and this statement...
(01-21-2022 )DurtyD Wrote:  ...
0 run time. Never had oil in it. From Cummins..

Factory engines are run up, broken in, and pre-lubed before they leaving the facility. they are not assembled dry, and then shipped out. did someone expose it to the outside weather for a year?.. your post is kind of unclear.

--== contact cummins and make a warranty claim on it. As soon as you open it up yourself, all that would possibly be out the window.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring on the pain cm2350 cpl3937 - DurtyD - 01-22-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.