Excessive regenerations
01-24-2022, (Subject: Excessive regenerations ) 
RE: Excessive regenerations
(01-24-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Regen's like that are from massive soot production, where's all the soot coming from? Could be burning oil, have you taken the pipe off from right behind the turbo and checked to see if it's smoking like a freight train? How long did it go without an EGR tuneup?

Agreed on whats causing the regens, thats the point of posting here to figure out the problem.
it was starting to burn a little oil. After i got insite and adjusted the parameters allowing me to run higher rpms the little oil consumption was reduced. This first trip after the dpf was cleaned oil consumption is pretty well nothing. I'm going to take a oil sample tomorrow to make sure a injector hasn't picked a well timed moment to fail and dumping fuel into the oil as well as be the cause of the soot, I'm sure this isn't the case but I'm going to verify.
No i haven't pulled the pipe to see if there is smoke as of yet.
I did the EGR tuneup about 77000mi ago myself following Rawze's guidlines. The company I bought the truck from kept great records but they used codes for some of their routine maintenance. So nothing in the records that simple said EGR tuneup. But they did record what they did, like replaced IMAP sensor which was pretty well yearly, clean EGR valve, cleaned 7th injector and so on. DPF were removed and cleaned routinely.. Following their routine the DPF would have been due to be cleaned in late spring which was my plan.
Thank you for your reply!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excessive regenerations - Mudflap77 - 01-24-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.