New Owner Op, New to ISX
02-02-2022, (Subject: New Owner Op, New to ISX ) 
New Owner Op, New to ISX
Hello all, Been wrenching and building stuff over the years. Going to be a learning curve, but looking forward to it.
Was hoping to get some general questions answered/ feedback. Just Started over the new year running an 1.2Mil Mile (no eng History) 06 Volvo 670- ISX 13SPD. Door tag says ISX ST2 400HP&2000 (s#79145599). Looks like it used to be 9Spd. Has 3.55 Gears and 295/75/22.5
Ive been cruising through some of the threads and getting things organized.

1) One challenge is the fact that the Sticker on the Valve cover is gone. Will I be able to get the CPL# when I get the Inline 6/ Insite?

2) Just before purchase the Front Timing cover and oil pan were resealed, New air compressor, New VGT Turbo. Will be installing a Boost/EGT gauge to verify what its at but looks low on the "Volvo Gauge". Do these Pneumatic VGT turbos need any calibration for boost levels?

3) One of the threads mentioned driving habit's. Im at 1500 RPM @ 65MPH top of 13th. It said to avoid lugging the engine due to the chance of a sleeve dropping? Seems happy at the 1400-1700 range. Still ok to cruise at a lower RPM as long as not under hard load?

4) General input on this engine? Im thinking Ill be in a better spot after verifying boost, EGR tune up and maybe have the overhead adjusted? is it 400hp 2000ft-tq? aka smart torque

I think Im operating around 7MPG. Will have more data soon. Thanks for input.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

Messages In This Thread
New Owner Op, New to ISX - Kbarnes0 - 02-02-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.