New Owner Op, New to ISX
02-03-2022, (Subject: New Owner Op, New to ISX ) 
RE: New Owner Op, New to ISX
Understood. Thank you. I would have liked to pick it up cheaper, ($23K) but the market seems to be up with the demand. My thought was to pick up another parts truck and rebuild that 870 , and Fresh gearbox. have it ready to go. Or grab another truck if this one lets go. I think ill gear up to do the inframe and run the risk for now. I think that will be better to do than just bearings.

is there a preferred brand kit?

I'll read through your book. Also, I clicked the link you provided and it says not permitted?

(02-03-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  With 1.2 million miles on it.. and no difinitive history that the rod/main bearings were done at 800k like they should have been.. your driving a ticking time bomb!. - If no one did the rod/main bearings at 800k mile mark then your pushing your luck with it at this point.. It ihas a very high chance that it is ready to send a piston thru the block with ZERO warning.. and it is now in need of an inframe.. and that is also likely why it got sold to begin with. Someone probably knew this.

ITS READY FOR AN INFRAME!... AND DRIVING IT AROUND IN AN UNKNOWN CONDITION == DISASTER WAITING TO DESTROY THE WHOLE ENGINE WITH ZERO WARNING!. -

I hope you purchased it real cheap and have the money to inframe it .. like RIGHT NOW ... is what I am saying. If not, then you need to park it and go find a job to save up your moneys and then go get it done the way that we recommend on here, to actually extend its life...
described here: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid67840
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Owner Op, New to ISX - Kbarnes0 - 02-03-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.