CM2250 Poor fuel mileage
02-10-2022, (Subject: CM2250 Poor fuel mileage ) 
RE: CM2250 Poor fuel mileage
(02-10-2022 )JMBT Wrote:  This may be a long shot, but what about a rolling resistance problem? A sticking brake or something from sitting so long? Could be on the truck or trailer. What about drive axle alignment? Maybe scrubbing a bit to much. Or even trailer alignment? Does the trailer pull straight and easy??

Just thoughts…

Yea I thought of those things as well... it has all disc brakes which is new for me , are they as likely to stick/drag as drum brakes? I will say I noticed the one front wheel brake had a slight drag in the beginning but after running it a short time that disappeared entirely. I had a full alignment done on all tractor axles a month ago.

I wouldn't have any reason to doubt the trailer cause it trails nicely and has new slack adjusters and chambers and they seem to be adjusted properly. Also I had pulled a lightly loaded amazon trailer 900 miles and had the same low mpg the trailer was 1 month old so should be aligned properly?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2250 Poor fuel mileage - Truckdriven - 02-10-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.