Yet another gear pump fuel leak.....
02-11-2022, (Subject: Yet another gear pump fuel leak..... ) 
RE: Yet another gear pump fuel leak.....
Just to add a little info...

After plenty of hunting and loads of calls, I finally (fingers crossed) have the low side of the fuel pump on its way. I ran into a $hitload of businesses claiming it was in stock, but when I would try to purchase they would tell me it was on backorder...(wtf?). For those that are interested, these are the part numbers:

- 4307482RX - Pump - yes, it's a Cummins reman, but good luck finding new. I think the new ones are saved for the entire pump assembly. Quickserve will also show part number 4307438 for that particulat image within the parts diagram, but apparently it's either been superseded or it is invalid.

- 4903514 - Oring between the low / high side pump. Probably a .20 cent oring Cummins wants to charge $25 for....helluva markup right!

Total cost is just over $900 with tax. No fun, but much better than a 5k pump assembly!

I'll update once the parts arrive.

*** This is what the low side looks like. It's attached to the back of the high pressure fuel pump assembly. The small hole you see is the 'weep hole' which fuel will pass (when the shaft seal fails) in order not to be pushed through the seal of the main pump thus mixed in the engine oil. The side you are viewing would be the engine side. The 2 fuel ports on top would be viewed from above for reference.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202202/post_4142_1644681801_ed8e990600add08331b41aa8536b8c68.jpeg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620 , JMBT , tree98 , Volvo8873

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another gear pump fuel leak..... - SquareOne - 02-11-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.