CM871 poor power and fuel econ
04-09-2022, (Subject: CM871 poor power and fuel econ ) 
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ
I did the leak down test and replaced the injectors. #4 was obviously bad. Blew multiple bubbles every revolution and less resistance against the handle when turning it through. #1 only blew a small bubble, but did it every revolution. But I have not retested it since putting it back together so I will do that again. The only thing that changed, apart from taking the overhead apart and putting it back together, was the injectors. And after I fired it back up, it would shut down correctly and has since. So maybe a slightly bad actuator and bad injector combo caused the run on???

The reasons we ran the cutout test are low power, rough running, and a white haze at idle and puffs white smoke if you tap the throttle while idling. No oil usage and no water loss. The mechanic did the cutout test while I was watching and talking with him. Rear bank ran good and exhaust cleaned up. Front bank ran rough and the haze was present. Both fueling actuators had the tops popped off while driving and we replaced the timing actuators for excessive side play. All had some debris in them but not much. All looked to be original equipment with 925k miles.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM871 poor power and fuel econ - Grounded Pilot - 04-09-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.