The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
08-26-2016, (Subject: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... ) 
The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
Driving down the road, steering is feeling heavy... Then it springs back to life... The more I drive, the heavier she feels, to the point of remembering the old days of Armstrong Steering and that four foot steering wheel in the cab over...

I checked the fluid, looks a bit burnt, but full... No leaks, system just serviced at in frame, but I did not replace the pump... How difficult is this to replace? Anything I need to know on these steering pumps, CM 871 2008... I have the new pump on order, along with new lines and the gasket and filter. Anything that needs to be aligned with the compressor or is it a pretty straight forward job? The dealer has the torque specs so I am good there...

Any help would be appreciated...

Also the alternator is toast, spiking all over the place... New one is $500, not reman like the one I have on there that just ran out of warranty, imagine that? It is in stock, and yes I checked on the proper voltage, replacing that too when the pump comes in.

Like I said, the hits just keep coming...

Wife not happy... Me not happy, but what the hell is a guy supposed to do? A new truck is out of the question, I am not going to be beholden to a truck payment of several thousands of dollars a month like a slave. We shall work through this, hopefully I will still have a place to call home...

Thank God freight is running...
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... - Waterloo - 08-26-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.