The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
08-27-2016, (Subject: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... ) 
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump...
(08-27-2016 )Bahdan Wrote:  I've got a line that has a small leak at a connection. I've been eyeing to replace it. I was wondering if there is some bleeding that needs to be done after the fluid gets drained? Or is it just fill reservoir and go. I know on some cars your supposed to turn steering wheel all the way to each side to bleed the system .

The last one I helped someone flush their Power steering unit, it took more than 4 gallons of Dextron to get it clean and all the junk out while working the steering back and fourth heavily to clean up the system. We then changed the filter and filled it up. It is not easy to flush one and get all the old oil out.

The oil and filter need to be replaced every 250K miles, just like your rear and tranny oils do. --- Most truck owners totally neglect that system until they have problems and it is too late.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: The HITS Keep Coming! Power steering pump... - Rawze - 08-27-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.