Switch to dual straight pipes
03-07-2022, (Subject: Switch to dual straight pipes ) 
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes
I apologise if I wasn`t clear. I bought this truck last spring, but didn`t put it on the road until the first of Sept. The engine has never been deleted (yet). The only thing is the EGR cooler was unplugged when I bought it and still is. I had an overhead done before putting it on the road. I replaced several items on the truck that needed attention. My plan was, and is, to put a few thousand miles on it to get an idea of the overall condition. I`ve put forty thousand miles on it since last sept. I`ve pretty much stayed home the last month or so as I do not feel like driving in snowy, icy, weather. I have changed the oil three times, at 10,237, 22,765, and 15,486. the truck has 740, 812 miles at this time. The engine has not used a drop of oil between changes. It shows full right before I had it changed. I`ve been driving right at 64 miles an hour most of the time about 1450 rpm. I`ve slowed down with the fuel prices to 62 miles an hour at 1400 rpm. the truck consistently gets between seven and a half and eight miles to the gallon pulling light loads depending on the wind and geography. I do mostly Amazon loads that are either empties or very light loads. I do tow away as well. Engine wise, I have had the overhead done, the belt tensioners and belt replaced simply because of their being original and a tip from a poster on here. I had the water pump replace because it would leak coolant after sitting all night in single temps no other time but then. I fully plan on having a proper delete done come spring. My question about the pipes was not prompted by the excessive exhaust pressure reading, rather than I just want it for looks. The oil samples I sent to the Caterpillar lab here show 0 soot levels. I think the motor is in good shape and all it should need is a proper delete at a competent shop. I dont know how to download a file to send to Rawze. Perhaps a tip to pass on to my local shop would help. I do not use the truck to make a living, I`m 76 years old and have other income that pays my bills, so the truck is in some sense a hobby that makes money. But I`m one of those guys that not only wants a good running truck, but a good looking one as well.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes - JimmyDw8xb - 03-07-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.