Switch to dual straight pipes
03-07-2022, (Subject: Switch to dual straight pipes ) 
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes
The engine is a CM 870. The truck is sitting outside as I type covered in a layer of snow, so No pics tonight. I realize I used the wrong terminology about the EGR cooler. Yes, it is the EGR valve I believe that is unplugged. I fully realize that it does not constitute a delete. Again, come spring, I`ll get a proper delete. I don`t know about a power reduction because of it. I don`t think I`ve ever pulled thirty pounds of boost. Most of the time at 64 mph with a very light trailer it only pulls between ten and fifteen pounds and when first starting up a hill it may go to twenty or a hair more.
I will have my shop check the sensors regarding the exhaust pressure. the truck seems to have plenty of power, but with light loads a power loss might not be all that noticeable. I come here because I realize I am not highly knowledgeable about this engine and truck, so would like advice to make me a better operator, and help me make better decisions about operations and equipment. The first owner of the truck was local small dry box operation that runs in the midwest region and hauled light loads to clothing stores. They have a good reputation for a well maintained fleet. They put approx 650,000 miles on it and sold it to a local grain farmer who only put on 40,000 miles in eight years only running it in spring and fall. He lost the maintenance records that came with truck. He said, and I believe him, that they serviced it once a year. the oil was clean looking when I bought it and changed the oil. I have not added a drop of oil between changes in 40,000 miles and it neither leaks or burns any oil. As I said previously, the oil is always on the full mark when I check it in the mornings. I`ve gained a lot of faith in the quality of the truck and now am ready to spend the money for the things I want done. A good delete is at the top of the list. But I would like the dual pipes, just cause I like the look. A recommendation of a good shop would be helpful. I have a good shop locally, but they do not do all I need done. Thanks for reading.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Switch to dual straight pipes - JimmyDw8xb - 03-07-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.