Just bought my first truck
03-07-2022, (Subject: Just bought my first truck ) 
Just bought my first truck
Unfortunately, I found this forum AFTER I bought the truck, so please no hate ;) I’ve been driving for almost 4 years. I bought a truck in Jan. It’s a 2008 W9 with a demandated ISX (I believe that makes it a 871). I’ve spent hours on here reading about the engine and the delete…it’s not a good one. It has a BW turbo and an after market manifold. The truck runs well so far (and so far as I can tell) but I know the turbo is a sign of a bad delete. I’m not the most mechanical person out there, and a lot of what’s discussed here is over my head…so here’s my current issue. The jakes suck. I’ve read on here that can be a direct result of the non-VGT turbo. Can I replace the BW with a VGT? Where’s the best place to get one? Do I need to do the manifold too? Should I just bring it to one of the gurus on here and have them fix whatever garbage has been done to it or is this something I can work with my local guy on? I’m on the road now, and am more than willing to catch a load towards any location if that’s what you all recommend. And if I’ve missed sharing any pertinent information, please let me know. Thanks in advance for the advice!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Just bought my first truck - MotherTrucker - 03-07-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.