CM2350 Air compressor install
03-18-2022, (Subject: CM2350 Air compressor install ) 
RE: CM2350 Air compressor install
- If you do not time the air compressor then it will be more noisy... but as far as I have gathered it is not absolutely necessary... though it does contribute slightly towards engine balancing.

here is a video on air compressor timing...

- Yes, you have to drain the coolant, as there are coolant lines running into the head of the compressor. This means that you need to leave it a gallon shy (when re-filling it) and pull a hard vacuum on the coolant system (I usually do this a couple times ... relieving it, then again) to ensure there is no air trapped around the liners, which otherwise would cause severe harm to the engine if you tried to operate the engine under any kind of high operating loads the first hundred miles or so after re-filling it.

One way to tell if you have all the air out is to measure where the coolant is at on the resivor.. drain it (catching all of it and not spilling any) .. then when your work is finished, start re-filling it back with the the exact amount of coolant that you drained it by .. and see if it is in the same place on the resivior. What you will usually find is that the last gallon or so does not want to go back in without pulling a vacuum on the system to burp it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1

Messages In This Thread
RE: CM2350 Air compressor install - Rawze - 03-18-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.