Bad De-Mandate?
04-01-2022, (Subject: Bad De-Mandate? ) 
RE: Bad De-Mandate?
The mods that someone has done to that truck are complete trash. Those aftermarket manifolds and turbos are horrible for the ISX engine. That VG turbo it came with was the very thing that sets the proper fuel-air-mix for that engine and also used for generating proper back pressure for the engine brakes.

YOU HAVE A BAD DELETE! .. plain and simple!. ... and it is going to cause repeated engine failures every few years among other problems that you are now noticing.

There is only one way out of the dark alley-way of redneck hack-n-slash garbage mods and programming that someone has lead that truck down into. It is by putting that VGT turbo and original manifold back onto the truck + reliable, safe programming put back into it meant for hauling freight. That BD garbage does absolutely nothing helpful for that engine whatsoever!. Neither does that horrible turbo that was not meant, nor is capable of a proper boost curve for an ISX belong on it.

That is what they do up there in Canada (among other places too)... they butcher engines into oblivion out of sheer and utter stupidity!. - And the biggest names in engine tuning are the most guilty of them all. Places like BD. Puke-Power, DieselsSpit$, etc.etc.etc...

Someone drank the cool-aide good on that one and likely poured tens of thousands$$$ into that complete hack-job, engine killing, red-neck garbage that was done to it.

1). Copy the program out of the ecm (using the Calterm software) and e-mail it to me for e proper review. Since you want to learn about programming a bit.. I can even go over the programming with you live if u like, after it is sent to me. I can show you exactly what someone has done in there.. good, bad... and downright ugly!.

2). Start ordering all the parts to put the VG turbo back onto it. Parts from wrecked engine, new, used.. anything used that is OEM is better than the crap you have on there. - Without getting rid of that garbage manifold and horrible wrong incorrect turbo with its terrible boost curve that was never meant for anything but an old 12/7 engine ... Then there is no hope at all to make that engine perform like it is supposed to ... not one damn bit!.

YOu also need to ensure that it still has the EGR cooler on it.. or a proper bypass coolant-pipe to supply the correct coolant flow to the #5 and #6 cylinders. Most of those horrible delete shops that do those non-vg conversion garbage will also remove the EGR cooler and plate its coolant passages off. - And this is extremely bad for the engine and is not so good for the water pump either.

The idiots who make up this kind of mods and garbage are just that.. complete and utter back-woods morons who know absolutely nothing about how a modern diesel engine actually works. Welcome to the bad delete club!.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fast69mopar

Messages In This Thread
Bad De-Mandate? - fast69mopar - 04-01-2022,
RE: Bad De-Mandate? - tree98 - 04-01-2022,
RE: Bad De-Mandate? - Rawze - 04-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.