Reliable oil change places on the road
06-12-2022, (Subject: Reliable oil change places on the road ) 
RE: Reliable oil change places on the road
(05-09-2022 )JMBT Wrote:  I don’t trust ANY oil change place on the road. Too many bad experiences over the last 22 years. If you are not going to get through home enough to do the changes there, put a Fumoto valve or similar on your oil pan next time you have the oil changed. By a couple cheap buckets with tight fitting lids. This will allow you to do it yourself without spilling a drop. Then find you a shop that will take the used oil. (Let them keep the buckets) $20 to one of the shop techs will help you find a home for the used oil.

I have done this many, many times when I couldn’t make it home before my interval. I carry a spare set of filters at all times, big funnel, and a gallon of sta-lube. Buy the oil at Walmart in the 2.5 gal jugs for Delvac at least. A bonus if you buy your fresh oil in 2.5/gal jugs, you can pour the used oil back into them, with your big funnel when you are done, and clean and keep your buckets for the next time.

As for the filters. I am pretty much right in line with JimT. 3/4 oil in the oil filter, CM2250 primes and purges the fuel filter well so it goes on dry, 5-6 key cycles without cranking, and it starts right off like any other time.
I wish a bucket fit under the pan but mine is too low.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reliable oil change places on the road - Redland1 - 06-12-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.