I need Ideas on what to check.
05-09-2022, (Subject: I need Ideas on what to check. ) 
RE: I need Ideas on what to check.
If a liner got warped,split/cracked etc. so soon then it makes me wonder maybe they did not pull a hard vacuum on the coolant system after putting it all back together.. and it had an air pocket around that liner.. and overheated it when it was run in a hard pull for the first time. Seen that before too, and again.. it goes right back to incompetence of the repair shop. I have seen many, many repair shops that do not pull a proper vacuum on the coolant system on an ISX.. and get away with it hundreds of times... only for it to completely bite them in the arsse and destroy someone's engine on occasion, because they have convinced themselves that it is not necessary.

Also seen liners crack if some idiot did not measure the liners as they came out to see if the engine needed 150's or 152's. .. and if it needed 152's and some idiot put 150's in it then a liner will dance.. and possibly crack.. etc.. and then cause subsequent failures too.

- also what was the liner height set to after the counter-bore?.. and how accurate from one side to the other? ... that is another big mistake these shops always make on older engines.. Thinking that anything less than about 0.015" or so is ok.. and many of them will only set them to 0.010"... and this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Get some pictures of the failed components.. post them on here.. and by the way... if that liner moved at all and cause another head gasket failure.. then that cylinder head is no good now too. It is etched a few thousandths from the dancing liner and it cannot be re-used.

Like I said.. someone did something wrong!@.

Also you need to have that ecm programming looked at/ reviewed... never take it for granted. - Send me a copy of the programming for a review to rule it out... I don't care who did it. At least that will ensure it was not a cause towards a failure as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bamaprez

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need Ideas on what to check. - Rawze - 05-09-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.