Thread Closed 
MM kicks the teeth out of PukeDits (repost from old forum) ...
08-31-2016, (Subject: MM kicks the teeth out of PukeDits (repost from old forum) ... ) 
RE: MM kicks the teeth out of PukeDits (repost from old forum) ...
===============
ATTENTION: this is a re-post from the old forum that was done on 08-09-2015 ...
===============

(post by Rawze)..
And then... in August of 2015 ---

This is NOT BS,... This actually happened!!!,...

From one of the the engine maker themselves, they sent from their headquarters (3 OEM engineers ) attempted to make a competition truck for that SAME COMPETITION DYNO mentioned above!. The truck owners goal was 1,000 HP to the TIRES from a truck that had a CM871 at on their competition dyno on thursday (roughly 08-09-2015). All they could squeeze get out of the truck was roughly 807 HP to the tires at 2700 RPM!!! They worked on this project for a couple three weeks, but the Owner of the Dyno knew that MM had broken 817-HP to the tires back in April (article above).

The truck owner was told about this and contacted well known forum members here (myself and gearhead) because of the success of MM previously on their dyno. Some cummins 3D calculators used (my own), etc. -- Dropping the results from the calculator (set for roughly 1,200-HP to the flywheel ), the engine peaked and broke a new record for an 871 at that dyno, producing 950 HP to the tires on the very first run. This is roughly 1,100 HP at the flywheel!

THIS IS A COMPLETELY BONE STOCK TRUCK (minus the DPF) WITH ALL OEM COMPONENTS AND ITS 100% FACTORY 500-series VGT TURBO!!!

Its too bad those guys they had hired did not properly correct the injection timing, nor compensated for 600mg/stroke interpolation properly, or they could have gotten even more power out of the engine. The owner of the truck was happy with the 950 HP to the tires, and didn't want it mapped higher, so the rest of the tune was left alone.

I would have expected someone hired directly from engine maker to be better than this ... I would have expected the engine maker to actually properly have switched off the AECD and EMO managers so that they did not screw with the final crank angle,... I would have expected much more from them but there again,... They do not sit behind the wheel of one of these trucks all day, day after day, figuring out how the engine that THEY help design actually works!.,

{**Content removed by protection bot**- content.} I suppose,.. humbly ... This makes MM the top engine tune in the world for ISX engines?,... or am I missing something here?,...
 Thanks given by: 386lover , Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower , SuperTrucker , Toolguy
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: MM kicks the teeth out of PukeDits (repost from old forum) ... - Marajin - 08-31-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.