become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!.
05-22-2022, (Subject: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!. ) 
RE: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!.
Prior to my inframe I was doing mid-7's to mid 8's. After the inframe and then almost immediately replacing all 8 drive tires I have been averaging 7 on the low end and maybe 7.8 on the high end, all miles roughly 50% empty, flatbed. Recently I've been seeing numbers in the low 8's again and the timing couldn't be better. Granted I do a fair amount of city driving, have a mid-roof sleeper often pulling 13'6" loads of ISO (roofing foam insulation), sometimes tail heavy too. But I'm constantly running the same lanes so there's a decent amount of consistency to my travels. Largely back and forth across I-84 between PA and MA. I haven't truly been trying to hyper mile either, running about 62 most of the time, some cruise control, neutral down hill when it's safe, but I'll often maintain 55-62 going up hills with these light weight loads. The ISO alone, compared to anything lower and heavier, knocks my fuel mileage down about 1 mpg. Fuel surcharge increases have helped, but weekly fuel costs have gone from $800-1200 all the way up to $1800-2200 recently. Still a profitable venture for me, but definitely feel the change.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete

Messages In This Thread
RE: become a hypermiler.. or pay the price!. - JimT - 05-22-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.