tuning question
05-17-2022, (Subject: tuning question ) 
RE: tuning question
(05-14-2022 )ptlogan77 Wrote:  I'll get the programs and learn to copy as you've said... Makes more sense to cover my own asset. I will e-mail you a copy when I get all the installs and the adapter.

Thank You.

Well, I was sent the program for your truck a bit ago. Here is what I see in a nut-shell...

It looks like someone tried to copy an older version of the 'MM' program. Most of it looks ok except for a few issues that were done incorrectly. These problems are...

* Someone jacked with the mass flow tables in a very bad way. It looks like they wanted this thing to over-boost the engine, maybe because they did not know that the X15 engine can only take about 30~ish psi or so when deleted?.. it is anyone's guess why someone would do this. - This is significantly harmful to the engine the same that I described in my earlier post on this thread.

* The injection timing is slightly too far advanced, just enough that it will cause some harm with fuel impingement and accelerated valve seat wear. The injection timing looks like its made/copied possibly from a deleted CM2250 or some other enigne, not an X15. - It is not as bad as I have seen most people do, but it is in the danger zone. Whoever made this program was really pushing their luck with a 600HP/2050 X15 engine, and that is not good. I can only guess that someone tried to do this to maybe fool it into some better fuel mileage?.. but this will not be the case. Only eventual harm in the form of accelerated valve seat wear and fuel impingement issues as a result to someone setting it like this. - This could also be why some people have valve seat problems.. and would have issue with the factory head, then try to fix it with some aftergarbage head with after-garbage valve seat mods that don't last for s$it?. - I got a better idea... make the program correctly and this would not be an issue!.

* The turbo is not set very well vs the truck. It is set to under-spool at idle, and will cause it have a high chance to to bleed oil due to a vacuum at the intake. It is also set a bit high on the upper end for a 389pete. The settings are more like someone would see in a mid-tier prostar or cascadia.. and not a big square-nose truck.

* Some of the shutdowns are still able to trigger for the aftertreatment system. These settings include DPF over-temp, SCR over-temp, and a couple others. Looks like someone missed some of these settings somewhere along the way.

* The engine is set to run too rich in the lower torque/fuelling ranges.. and set to lead in the higher HP.torque ranges. =- It looks like they tried to use the same flat-line value for the fuel air mix across the entire engines operating range of rpm and power. - This dulls its power curve and makes for some strange acceleration, etc. Why someone would do this is beyond me... it looks like someone guessing, perhaps lazy, or someone in a hurry made this table.

* the fuel torque conversion table is running in a dertated state. This means the engine will not make the power being requested of it. The way it is set, it is only likely to make about 510-515HP or so on a dyno if tested.

* Speaking of power/trq ... The power/torque was also screwed with. It is set to only actually make 580HP/2050 trq... and NOT the advertised 605HP like the program is supposed to. The power also falls off sharply after 1700RPM .. kinda counter-producting if ya ask me.. some factory programs are like that .. so if anything with the power that should have been fixed, it should have been that, instead trying to make more on the bottom end where it is hardest on the engine.

Also, like some kind of complete jack-arsse! (sorry, but I gotta call that one out for what it is) ... Someone set the engine to try to add/make 2050 torque all the way down to 900 RPM. This is VERY VERY HARD on the engine and can make it beat the liners out of it eventually. Especially if the truck operations include a lot of stop-and-go.

With the wrong HP/torque settings, This also means that the engines actual power/trq does not match what is shown when connecting with the Insite and other software. it will have lower power and some torturing bottom end torque. .. Just some lazy-man or incompetence to leave it like that if you ask me.

* The ash load fr the DPF was never cleared out, it was sitting on 82% clogged up, and the engine was in a constant state of wanting a regen, although those systems were disabled. Not a big deal, as it was kept from performing the regen, but it shows someone missed some settings somewhere.

* A portion of the turbo inlet temp sensor diag. was also messed with. This is not good practice, as the engine needs the feedback for this sensor to determine turbo heat absorption and other things.

* Some of the aux. emissions systems were also still active. This can screw with injection timing, fuel air mix, etc., lowering engine efficiency. Looks like someone simply missed setting them/switching some of them off properly.

* The engine brake and other related settings have NOT been jacked with particularly. That is good ... so it makes me wonder why you are getting so much boost (you said 38 psi) while on engine brake. maybe the screwed up turbo flow tables?.. It is anyone's guess without some testing.

==================

It was a valiant attempt at a de-mandate towards getting things done right, but some mistakes were obviously made. It is not like 90% of all the other programs that I usually review... however, it is still not quite right. and

I have my suspicions towards who made this program ... but still, the question is who it was?. If it was someone from my forum here, or someone that I know, .. well, they have a thing or 2 to still learn. They need to correct what they are doing so that they do not tear someone's truck up. Someone needs to let them know tat they need to fix a few things before someone pays the price with a failed engine for these kind of mistakes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ptlogan77

Messages In This Thread
tuning question - ptlogan77 - 05-14-2022,
RE: tuning question - Rawze - 05-14-2022,
RE: tuning question - Rawze - 05-17-2022
RE: tuning question - schISM - 05-17-2022,
RE: tuning question - Rawze - 05-17-2022,
RE: tuning question - cdxman - 05-15-2022,
RE: tuning question - schISM - 05-17-2022,
RE: tuning question - Rawze - 08-18-2022,
RE: tuning question - Rawze - 08-18-2022,
RE: tuning question - Aleeex - 08-21-2022,
RE: tuning question - Rawze - 08-21-2022,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.