03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
06-27-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
(06-26-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  Replaced the blend door motor and closed off coolant flow to the evaporator.Blend door is slightly warped at the top where the arm from the motor connects to the door but I would imagine with no coolant going through the heater core now that it shouldn’t affect the temp if it’s slight open up top.Temp is still not up to par so I’m replacing almost everything.Compressor,condenser,expansion valve,drier,schrader valves,and one hose that was rubbing ok having rebuilt.$550 for those things out the door and I’ll have peace of mind that everything is new minus the evaporator but was told I didn’t need to change it.What do y’all think,should I replace it as well?
If it were me, like I have done with both of my 9900's, I would go ahead and replace the evaporator while you have the HVAC housing opened up and since you will already have the expansion valve removed the evaporator comes out super easy.

One thing I forgot to mention, have you inspected the operation of tht Recirc/fresh air door and actuator to verify it's proper operation? I have found plenty of 9900's with broken Recirc doors. The attaching point for tht actuator is plastic and it gets brittle and breaks off allowing the door to fall into the fresh air tunnel. When the Recirc door cannot close properly the hot outside air is being allowed into tht HVAC housing and the evaporator has a hard tg cooling that hot outside air hence the warmer temps from the panel vents. Just a suggestion for you. Let us know what you find.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1 , JimT

Messages In This Thread
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well - fast69mopar - 06-27-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.