03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
07-15-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
Update:Changed the high pressure switch out and still was cycling more than other trucks parked next to me at truck stops and also more than my buddies trucks.Switched out that switch two days ago and this morning the A/C stopped blowing cold air.Started looking around to see what I found and saw that the compressor wasn’t engaging.Checked all A/C related fuses and they were good and then swapped A/C relays with similar relays and still the compressor wouldn’t engage.Decided I was going to try running power directly to it like Rawze does to add refrigerant and see if it engaged.When I looked at the compressor wires they are both black and no way of telling which is negative or positive.So I called the place that sold it to me and they said it doesn’t matter because it doesn’t have a capacitor.Put power to it and saw a little puff of smoke and I then knew it did matter.

I don’t have many choices as far as mechanics and parts stores so I called around to the only two reputable shops around and they are booked a week out.Called the only heavy truck parts store in town and they had the compressor.Installed it and filled it up with refrigerant but when I turned the A/C on the compressor would still not engage.Noticed that the wires on the new compressor were red and black so I ran power directly to it and sure enough it turned on and I then ran enough cable into the cab to install a switch.How long should I run it continuously before shitting it off?
BTW Im in North Dakota doing oilfield work so this is just temporary until I get back home to Texas.
Also what could have caused the compressors not to run?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well - Redland1 - 07-15-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.