Exhaust gas pressure limits?
06-20-2022, (Subject: Exhaust gas pressure limits? ) 
RE: Exhaust gas pressure limits?
My guess is that you have the typical garbage-can bad de-mandate programming.

If it has de-mandate programming in it then start by taking take the truck to a stealers$it and have the correct, original ecm programming put back into it (saving and restoring all the truck/dash settings). As a CM870, it will not shut down with factory programming if the thing is de-mandated. It will have a CEL light on and a boost derate, but it will run while you straighten out its other mechanical issues.

After that, fix any issues with it before trying to even think about putting another (properly made, instead of the typical garbage) de-mandate program back in it.

ALSO >>>> 40 PSI+ BOOST IS TOO HIGH FOR THAT ENGINE AND WILL KILL IT!!!. It should not be more than about 37,38psi absolute max, even at 600+ HP.

As well, Post turbo, you should not be seeing more than about 1050-F or so EGT's. Having 1400+egt's, something is very wrong.. and you screwing around and turning up the boost to fake it out is doing nothing but covering up a problem that is killing the lifespan of that engine!.

Also, fix the sensors that you say are reading wrong.

Also ensure that the exhaust is not clogging up (old plugged up muffler, etc.), and that the intake is not restricted in any way due to someone installing an after-garbage CAC unit, or some other reason.

Also wedge the cams and ensure they match the CPL of the engine to ensure they have not slipped: ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid29926

Also... do an overhead valve adjustment followed by an injector leak test ...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid67948

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust gas pressure limits? - Rawze - 06-20-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.