Exhaust gas pressure limits?
06-23-2022, (Subject: Exhaust gas pressure limits? ) 
RE: Exhaust gas pressure limits?
(06-21-2022 )Badger Wrote:  ...
will the file you want a copy of, be in "Advanced ECM data" on the left side of insite?

im thankful for the help, dont think im here just arguing, im trying to comprehend this ECM stuff

Well,.. here is what I see in your program that you sent me at a glance. Its pretty bad ...

* Main boost power setting is set to cut out/derate during non-egr engine mode operation.

* boost (charge flow) limiting tables have not been corrected to allow the turbo to spool up all the way.

* Aux emissions systems are still in place to limit combustion.

* No proper engine operating mode control has been done. This makes the engine unstable, it will jump operating modes unpredictably, turbo operations, injection timing, atc. all become unstable, and eventually causes damage to the cylinders.

* turbo mass flow tables have not been corrected properlty. This engine will under boost and have eratic boost levels.

* injection timing is as high as 11+ BTDC under high operating loads. This injection timing is horrible and is going to cause either a cracked piston or a dropped liner due to excessive internal engine friction all the time. Not even my lawn-mower needs injection timing this high.. this is seriously bad!.

* some derates have not been shut off properly. Egr, Charge outlet temp, and others.

* engine is reporting higher than normal CAC and intake temps. Is the CAC, A/C condenser, or radiator units partially clogged up with dirt?

* EGR actuator control logic has not been shut off properly.

* Ecm is reporting a lot of hours of excessive oil temps. This is typically related to excessive injection timing and excessive internal engine friction for one reason or another.

* The exhaust temp allowance settings for the engine has been screwed with and raised to 1350+F. This is not a normal thing for someone to do in the programming at all.

* intake manifold is reporting 200+F intake temps. This is not normal.

* some RPM and fuelling derates are still in place.

====================================

Welcome to the bad delete club. You won this weeks prize... it is an engine killer for sure.

Also, there are a lot of indication in the program that the intake temps are running too high. Not sure if it that after garbage cooler or not.. or maybe a clogged up CAC, A/C, Maybe partially clogged radiator.. something not allowing the intake temps to be cooled properly. .. something there is wrong. Some of the excessive heat in the engine can certainly be chocked up to that horrible injection timi9ng and turbo that cannot get out of its own way due to bad programming, but some of it may be mechanical too.

In any event the program is a bad one. It has to go. Also the front end needs a good cleaning and the intake pressure and temp sensors need replacing if they are old.. along with the exhaust gas pressure sensor over on the thermostat housing + its circuit cleaned out thoroughly. - Hopefully no one has bypassed that sensor.. that would be a bad thing too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust gas pressure limits? - Rawze - 06-23-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.