Exhaust gas pressure limits?
06-28-2022, (Subject: Exhaust gas pressure limits? ) 
RE: Exhaust gas pressure limits?
(06-28-2022 )Badger Wrote:  Well I will take care of mechanical stuff listed, the cac looks too Be an aftermarket bar and plate style, If tube and fin is preferred I will gladly switch it…

As far as fixing the tune, will you do it or am I on my own to find somebody else? It needs done so.

I do not do remote tuning .. Since this is the case, and because things need to be changed while connected to the ecm live, I do not mess with 870's unless someone is here in my driveway with one. It is the 870's in particular that are like this, as all newer model engines are not.

On newer engines, Most people can just send me a file.. and I can just send it back to them 'fixed' in one way or another. The 870 however will brick:(rom-boot) the ecm if someone tries to flash back in, the file they have copied out due to data corruption when the file is copied out.

Forum member 'running rough', otherwise does sometimes do remote logins with ppl and does the 870's correctly. I got curious after seeing your program and how bad it was, and asked him (2 days ago) if he sets the RAM memory parameters properly (to prevent the derate yours is suffering from), and he said yes, he always does that too. He has done all the 870 trucks they own on his own farm himself, so he has always had a heavy interest in getting them right .. or its his own pocket that suffers.

nonetheless. I am unbiased when I review a file for someone... I don't care who made the file... even if I had done it in the past, if there is something not right, I will point it out.

If someone has any concerns on if some persons programs are ok or not then have that person e-mail a copy of what they are going to put into your truck and I will tell you if it is ok or not. If they have a problem with this then they have something bad to hide is all I can say, because there is no kind of 'special secret sauce' ... it is either safe and ok, ...or ... not.

In your case, you complain heavily about low boost and higher then normal EGT's and such.

When someone sends me a program, I can see a lot of things that the ecm is doing and reporting. I can see a lot of collected data that it has stored above just the program itself. It is clear in the program that you sent me that not only is is causing the turbo drop-back issues, which in themselves can contribute very heavily towards excessive EGT issues, but it was also clear that the program is reporting higher than normal intake temps too (a lot of above 200+F and higher intake temps in the driving history) .. and this is an indication that something in the front-end of the truck may also have issues, or the turbo is absorbing way more heat than the front end can dissipate properly .. something is wrong somewhere.

I.E.> it points towards your problems may be 2 or more issues, and not one.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Exhaust gas pressure limits? - Rawze - 06-28-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.