Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870
06-23-2022, (Subject: Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870 ) 
RE: Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870
The trouble I have is with the 'upload' option. Work order and template creation seem to work. The actual and reported ESN match, 79193393. Also the factory software version on the engine plate and reported from the created template match, AB10352.23. I do know that the ECM is not original, and was changed before I bought the truck.

Bummer that I can not 'upload' or copy back without corrupting the ecm as this was my plan for reverting back to the currently working setup quickly and easily. I may be able to purchase a used ECM with the same S/N and CPL. Could whatever improvements be made to a second ECM and keep the current ECM as a working spare that could be reinstalled in the field?

My goal is to become self sufficient with ECM related monitoring, troubleshooting and repair as I already am with all other repairs and maintenance. I have many spare parts and tools in the truck and have never needed to call a service truck. Big thanks for your overhead set and injector removal videos by the way.

In lieu of being able to compare an upload to the original calibration I would like to monitor the current setup for a while. Not sure if my connection speed will allow for that... I need to develop a sense of how much longevity has been consumed on the current rebuild (450,000 km on it now). At full power boost tops at 32psi and the pyro at 1000 DegF (not a very precise gauge). Oil seems to darken gradually over the 250 hr interval. Oil temp is about 230 DegF and may reach 250 DegF at full 565 hp for a half hour steady at 30 km/hr pulling a load up a mountain logging road in the summer. (still runs cooler than an average C15 of the same era.) By the way I hate lugging any ISX, so I think we are on the same page there.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870 - Hamish - 06-23-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.