Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870
06-23-2022, (Subject: Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870 ) 
RE: Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870
(06-23-2022 )Hamish Wrote:  ...
Oil temp is about 230 DegF and may reach 250 DegF at full 565 hp for a half hour steady at 30 km/hr pulling a load up a mountain logging road in the summer.

That is a red flag for sure. Too much internal friction going on the create those high of oil temps. Should be cresting 230~ish max.. not 250+F.

As far as backing up the ecm.. that is fine .. sure you cannot put the file back into it but that is ok, it can still be referenced and reviewed. - What you need to restore the ecm is a clean factory file (known as an incal file) that has been done up properly (before putting it into the ecm) so that it can be flashed with whatever settings needed instead.

The CM870's in particular are the bas#tard child of the ISX world because of this flaw in the ecm. All newer model ISX's (CM871 and newer) do not have these issues with flashing them. They are also the only ecm where several ram memory settings have to be set even after they are flashed to get them right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can J1939 be enabled or disabled on a CM870 - Rawze - 06-23-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.