Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
08-01-2016, (Subject: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... ) 
RE: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows...
I had to remove one of my windows a second time several months later after sealing it with the adhesive strip mentioned above. I can tell you that adhesive is really strong and seals really really good. it also does not harden like a glue, but stays soft/plyable etc. even after many months of being on there. It really did not want to let go, and i had to take my time prying gnetly at it to stretch it and make it let go.

After I got it off, it left a really gummy mess all over the flange where it was sealing, and it resembles thick, gummy tar. i used a small scraper to get all but a thin film of it, took a while, but all of it came off but a thin film. For the thin gooey film that was left, I dipped paper towels in gasoline (benzine) and it melted it like water/wiped it right off. It was VERY easy to remove that goo with some gasoline.

I though I would mention this, as i am sure other people will want to someday remove the window again at some point. i was surprised that I could take it off relatively easy and put new sealer on. That was nice to know.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leaking ProStar sleeper windows... - Rawze - 08-01-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.