05 ISX 565 Surge, loss of power, ideas?
07-01-2022, (Subject: 05 ISX 565 Surge, loss of power, ideas? ) 
RE: 05 ISX 565 Surge, loss of power, ideas?
Is this a CM870 engine or an early CM871?.

Most likely its a CM870.. and yeah.. get the programming checked out priority.. but also, if it is a CM870 then it can be the turbo controller going out.

It can also be the intake pressure sensor going bad or the exhaust pressure sensor (or its feed circuit) going bad too.

And yeah.. anything more than 38~39 lbs boost max on an ISX can and will cause harm to the engine in a hurry!. If you've been driving it around with 40+ and 50+ psi on it.. then your damned lucky you have not cracked a piston or dropped a liner on it yet!. That is pure engine abuse!. Not only that, but those kind of numbers are also over-spooling the living h#ell out of that turbo.. if it has already not damaged it again.

As far as a turbo goes.. If not OEM then YTS does a decent job with a reliable rebuild on them...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid65315

Just about anyone else and your most likely to get chineesuim parts inside that turbo that only last a couple years at best.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 05 ISX 565 Surge, loss of power, ideas? - Rawze - 07-01-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.