Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 1 Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjust
07-02-2022, (Subject: Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 1 Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjust ) 
Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 1 Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjust
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I've gotten myself into quite the pickle. I will lay out the timeline of events below...

Fault Code 1139 (See Thread Subject Explanation)

- Total times active 7
- Will go inactive after a short time
- The amber engine light cleared itself without assistance once and returned 30 minutes later

Timeline

- May 24 the truck was de-mandated. I was told it would be a "full de-mandate."

- Immediately after picking up the truck I noticed the fuel economy was much lower than normal.

- I contacted the shop and was told this was normal. The problem will fix itself in 2-3 weeks.

- The problem obviously didn't fix itself in 3 weeks. I decided to perform an overhead adjustment, as it was do anyhow. I thought maybe it would help a little with the fuel economy issue.

- Overhead adjustment was performed on June 13.

- Fuel economy still poor. I have now gotten the first 1139 fault code after overhead adjustment.

- Contacted shop and my local Pete dealer. Peterbilt advised I "go for the kill" and replace the number 1 injector to save time and money on troubleshooting. They knew I recently de-mandated the truck.

- First shop replaced the number 1 injector on June 17. This was after the truck failed a fuel injector test performed by the same shop.

- The shop ended up breaking the threaded connector on the harness going to the number 1 injector and replaced the harness with a used one they had on hand.

- The fuel economy is still poor and fault code 1139 has returned after these repairs.

- The shop claimed I bought a junk injector from Peterbilt. I bought a new Cummins brand injector. They did no troubleshooting to come to this conclusion. This was an over the phone conversation.

- Decided to try another shop.

- On June 29 the second shop has completed repairs. They stated the first shop did not remove the DOC and this was 100% related to my fuel economy issues and my fuel economy should greatly improve. It did not. I was also told upon checking the ECM they couldn't find anything wrong with the tune, "it looked clean."

- Upon payment for repair services I was told a different story. That the tune was bad and they had to do another full de-mandate. I was told the tune was trash. 2 different stories from 2 different people at the same shop. I was also informed my truck passed the injector testing the first shop had previously done and failed.

- July 1 code 1139 is back and fuel economy is still just as awful as day one. I still have all original symptoms. The only thing that appears to have been done at the second shop was drill out the DOC.

I am waiting for July 5th to roll around to get my truck back into the shop. I have been searching the internet to try and find answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 1 Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjust - Nomad777 - 07-02-2022

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.